Everyone has their favorite way to put their hair into ballerina bun and this is mine! The sock trick works great and so just does twisting your hair around a ponytail, but I find those looks don’t highlight my curly hair. This look definitely works best with hair that has some texture versus thin hair. See instructions below.
- Take front part (bangs) of hair while it’s still down and pin back into pouf, secure with a bobby pin. This is so your hair doesn’t look so slicked back and has some body. I never make my pouf too “extreme”.
- Carefully, pull all your hair back into a ponytail – height depending on how high you’d like the bun your head. Make sure your pouf remains intact.
- Split your ponytail into 4 parts
- Take each part separately, starting from the hair ends, and roll hair towards the base of the ponytail and secure with a bobby pin. You’re almost creating 4 little sushi rolls.
- You’ll want to spread hair out so that it looks even and not like 4 separate rolls around your ponytail.
- Voila! Finish with lots of hairspray 🙂