The latest smokey eye trend strays away from the usual black, smudge look – starring the always flattering matte brown shade. Brown shades are flattering on everyone, and this look is easy for everyone to pull off. If you find black, smokey eyes intimidating – this is the perfect starter look for you! I recommend wearing this look during the evening or special event, it could be a bit dramatic for an everyday, daytime look.
Best of all, this look is extremely easy to create! Read all the steps below to recreate this look for yourself.
How to create the perfect matte brown smokey eye:
- Sweep a base primer all over your eyelids since we’re going to be laying on the shadows… you don’t want them straying all over!
- I wanted my eye shadows to be very bold, so I also put a nude jumbo shadow stick on the center lid of my eye beneath my crease. This will help your eye shadows look very pigmented and last all night.
- Start with a light brown matte shade all over your eyelid, then intensify it with a darker matte brown shade. Be sure the color doesn’t come up into the crease. I used a combination of Lorac Pro Palette’s Taupe, Sable, and Espresso.
- Then, take a transition shade on your crease to soften the harsh line from the matte brown. I used Meet Matt(e) Nude’s palette in Matt Singh along with a bit more of the lighter brown, Taupe shade in the Lorac Pro Palette.
- Lastly, I softened the crease shade by using the Matt Lombardi shade in the Meet Matt(e) Nude up from the crease into my upper eyelid right beneath my eye brows.
- Black eyeliner is essential to pull this look together. You’ll want to use a deep black, matte, almost wet looking liner so that it matches the intensity of your shadows. I used Stila’s All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Intense Black to create a dramatic wing.
- Next, I took some of the deepest brown color from the Lorac Pro Palette, and dragged it underneath my lower lash line. I also tight lined my lower lash line with Urban Decay’s 24/7 Eye Liner in Black “Zero” to ensure my eyes were entirely outlined in the deep smokey brown colors.
- To finish the look, I applied severel coats of a voluminous, deep black mascara.
- Voila, you’re ready to wow everyone with your drop dead gorgeous smokey eye!