My start-to-finish curl routine is pictured below (styling products only).
- Run Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioner throughout wet hair and spray hair with Aveda’s Brilliant detangled allover. Let set for a few minutes for the products to work best. I love the Brilliant spray because it detangles, serves as a heat protectant (should I choose to blow-dry my hair), and protects against UV rays. Brush hair to distribute product evenly. I usually wait several minutes after this step to apply my styling products.
- Depending on my mood – I use either Miss Jessie’s Pillow Soft Curls or Jelly Soft Curls. One is more of a cream and the other is more of a gel. I usually use the Pillow version on freshly showered hair and the Jelly version to restyle between washes. I also consider the weather and choose my product accordingly. I run the product through my hair and shake out my curls. My secret is to never use a brush or comb after this part as it ruins my curls. I also part my hair with my only fingers and twist tie out my curls for the best look. I’ve also used the CatWalk Curls Rock Amplifier cream and love it equally as much (see it here).
- I set my hair with the Dove Extrahold Hairspray, which resembles a gel spray. This stuff smells amazing!
- If I blow-dry my hair using a diffuser I use the CatWalk Root Boost Hairspray to give my roots extra volume, but I don’t use this stuff on a daily basis.
- Lastly, my all-time favorite hairspray goes on last. It’s Garnier Fructis Full Control Hairspray (Level 4). I don’t know why I buy anything else, I’m always disappointed when I do. This stuff is good to refresh my style as well.
Products mentioned and where I purchased:
- Cantu Shea Butter – Walgreens or Target
- Aveda Brilliant Damage Control – Aveda Salon
- Miss Jessie’s Pillow Soft Curls – Birchbox.com or MissJessies.com
- Miss Jessie’s Jelly Soft Curls – Target
- Dove Style+Care Strength & Shine Extra Hold Hairspray – Target
- Tigi by Catwalk Root Boost Spray – Ulta
- Garnier Fructis Full Control Anti-Humidity Hairspray – Target