What It is:
From Benefit, “It’s the FIRST EVER lash-hugging gel liner in a pen! This matte black gel formula won’t smudge, budge or dry out, and the innovative soft AccuFlex™ Tip hugs your lashline from corner to corner. The closer the line, the bigger the eye!”
What I Like:
- This liner is SUPER long-lasting – it doesn’t smudge and will last you all (12+ hrs) day!
- The applicator tip is very unique. Achieving the perfect cat eye is much easier with its angled shape and the way the gel formula twists up at an angle. It’s hard to describe, but such a nice winged result!
- The liner isn’t very wet or messy – you don’t get this product all over when applying.
- The twist-up applicator doesn’t waste a lot of product. I’ve seen a lot of complaints that the product won’t come out of the applicator or comes up in pieces, which didn’t happen for me.
- It’s easy to build up the intensity of your liner and make as skinny or bold as you’d like.
- It can also work as regular liner when you don’t want the cat eye effect.
What I Don’t Like:
- The liner formula and applicator aren’t very forgiving with mistakes since it’s so long lasting.
- While the gel formula is nice, sometimes it gets a bit clumpy and hard to work with on your eyelid. Although, I didn’t find this was the case every time I used the liner. It was more of sporadic problem. The application gets easier the more you work with the product.
- The formula doesn’t layer as nicely as I’d hoped – sometimes when going back over your liner to fix mistakes it removes the previous line you had.
- It’s a bit pricey at $24.
This liner has gotten a lot of negative feedback from the reviews I’ve read. While, this doesn’t beat my all-time favorite liner (Stila’s All Day Liquid Eyeliner), I do like it! If you love liner and experimenting with new products and formulas – I’d say this is a must have. If you’re not into the cat eye, I’d stay away from the push-up liner and use a simpler product. The design of the They’re Real Push-Up Liner is very unique and provides an easy cat eye application for beginners, especially if you struggle with this technique. What are your thoughts if you’d tried the liner?
7 thoughts on “Benefit They’re Real Push-Up Liner Review”
You’ve created a great look! 🙂
Thank you! I love a bold cat eye!
Wow! You’ve mastered the cat eye for sure!
Thank you! It definitely didn’t happened overnight, haha 🙂
Wow that look is amazing! I absolutely love your posts – they’re very entertaining. Can you review Vain Pursuits please? I’ve started hearing a lot about them and I wanted to hear what you had to say!
I’ve actually never heard of the brand! Do you have any products in particular you’re interested in/would recommend??