I was so excited to attend my first BeautyCon this past weekend in Los Angeles! I hope you enjoy my photographs of the experience below. Overall, it was a great experience, but definitely not what I was expecting.
Here’s what I loved:
- The wide variety of panelists and topics, here’s a list of who was planned.
- The variety of booths and products that were featured, along with freebies! Most of the booths were very interactive with photo booths, makeup demos, or games. Most booths also offered some great discounts on full sized products.
- It was sponsored by Hansen’s, so there were free drinks and plenty of bottled water.
- There were lots of great spots to snap pictures!
- The price was very reasonable, GA was $45 – which was easily made up in all the free merchandise.
- Everything from the makeup to food was very reasonably priced at the event.
- The crowd was very diverse including industry professional, bloggers, and just fans – also including a variety of ages from little kids to adults, I definitely didn’t expect the young “tween” crowd.
- All the fashion and beautiful makeup 🙂
Here’s what could have been better:
- It was a very chaotic environment and could have been more organized. There were no maps or schedules.
- The panels were running very behind and there wasn’t nearly enough seating in the panel rooms for everyone who wanted to attend.
- You also had to line up extremely early to get a seat.
- The food was fine, but definitely wasn’t “food trucks” as it was advertised. It was very fair-like including hot dogs, pizza, and grilled cheese.
- I found most of the booths were understaffed and it was hard to get assistance.
- I think a bigger space or more booths would make future BeautyCon less crowded.
- It seemed most of the brands weren’t very receptive to working with bloggers and didn’t want to interact much – just sell products. This wasn’t everyone, but definitely in some.
- The environment didn’t allow me to network much with fellow bloggers.
- Waiting outside in the heat for an hour to get in was very exhausting!
I’m loving these new sweat skirt and platform Birkenstocks trends! Definitely for anyone who enjoys “comfy” trends that are just as fashionable!