This salad is perfect for a light dinner, side dish, or scrumptious lunch! It’s light, healthy, and flavorful. What I love about this recipe is the combination of authentic fresh ingredients with a yummy homemade chili lime dressing. It has the perfect amount of kick per bite!
I actually made a large batch of this salad to take for lunch during the week. It keeps great in the refrigerated for several days. This recipes makes about 4-6 servings.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup Quinoa (I prefer the Harvest Grains Blend from Trader Joe’s with Israeli Couscous, Orzo, Baby Garbanzo Beans, and Red Quinoa)
- 2 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- The Juice of 2 Limes
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes cut in Half
- 1 can Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 6 Chopped Green Onions
- 1/4 cup Chopped Cilantro
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
Here’s what to do:
- Bring quinoa/Harvest Grains Blend and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer (covered) until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, about 10-15 minutes. Set aside to cool. You can place in refrigerated to cool at a faster pace.
- Whisk olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and red pepper flakes together in a bowl.
- Combine quinoa, tomatoes, black beans, and green onions together in a bowl.
- Pour dressing over quinoa mixture and stir to coat entire mixture.
- Stir in cilantro, then season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Enjoy immediately or let cool in the refrigerator!
Recipe inspired by Allrecipes.com