A few weeks ago, I met Sophia Amoruso at her book signing at The Grove in Los Angeles, CA. I got the chance to hear her speak at Lucky FABB last month, but got to actually meet her this time. The CEO and founder of Nasty Gal has a very interesting story, told through her book #GIRLBOSS.
The first hour of her book signing was a Q&A hosted by Nicole Richie (ironically also a Lucky FABB guest). I was so impressed with Sophia and her genuine personality. She waited to meet every fan that showed up to meet her, took photos with everyone who waited in line, and wrote a personalized message in everyone’s book. She was even the first one to like my Instagram picture. Her story is very inspiring!
Overall, I’m loving her book thus far. Some of my favorite quotes from Sophia’s book include:
- “A #GIRLBOSS is in charge of her own life. She gets what she wants because she works for it.”
- “The only thing I smoke is my competition.”
- “Life is short. Don’t be lazy.”
- “A #GIRLBOSS knows when to throw punches and when to roll with them.”
- “The straight and narrow is not the only path to success.”
- “Money looks better in the bank than on your feet.”
- “Dream Big. Start Small.”
- “Own your style like you own your used car.”
- “Bet on yourself.”